Practice Areas:Corporate Law
Alcohol Beverage Law
Federal and State Liquor Regulation
Product Distribution Contracts
Labor and Employment Law
Cyndy is a corporate and alcohol beverage law attorney with over 25 years of experience. She approaches liquor industry problems from a unique perspective as she has served as outside counsel, worked in-house for a major beer wholesaler and served on the Arizona State Liquor Board from 2005 to 2008 and 2014 to 2017 (twice serving as its Chair). She leverages her myriad of experiences to provide the best advice to clients, so they can resolve their business and legal issues cost effectively and quickly. She regularly advises clients on alcohol beverage law (regulatory compliance, licensing, trade practices, and advertising), distribution and franchise regulation, supplier/distributor relationship management, distribution agreements, terminations, transfers, and trademarks, among other things.
Cyndy values and strives to create long-term, comprehensive relationships with her clients. She provides the greatest value to clients when she participates in day-to-day operations as she is able to rely on her prior experiences to enhance her clients' decision-making processes to craft the best pragmatic and efficient solutions.
Cyndy has served as a member of, and held leadership positions in, several state and national liquor industry organizations, including among others: Beer and Wine Distributors of Arizona, Beverage Alcohol Community Information Council, National Beer Wholesalers Association, and Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America.
Cyndy received her law degree from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame, and Certificate of Professional Development from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. She is also a Certified Beer Server in the Cicerone® Certification Program (a beer sommelier program for the beverage and hospitality industries).
- State of Arizona, 1993
- United States Supreme Court, 1998
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1996
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 1994
Education and Honors
- University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School, Aresty Institute of Executive Education (Certificate of Professional Development, 2012)
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 1993)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1984)
- United States Air Force Academy (1979-80)
Public Service and Community
- Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (Director and Secretary 2011-16)
- Greater Tucson Leadership (Board Member 2012-15)
- Saints Peter & Paul Catholic School (Board Member 2001-09, Vice President 2004-08)
Other Professional Experience
- Arizona State Liquor Board (Chair 2015-16 and 2007-08, Vice Chair 2014-15, and Board Member 2005-07)
- Vice President General Counsel, Golden Eagle Distributors, Inc. (2003-16)
- Karp, Heurlin & Weiss, P.C. (2001-03)
- Brown & Bain, P.A. (1998-2001)
- Streich Lang, PA (now Quarles & Brady, LLP) (1994-98)
- Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, District of AZ (1993-94)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Association of Corporate Counsel – Arizona Chapter (Board Member 2007-16)
- Beer & Wine Distributors of Arizona (Chair 2016, Vice-Chair and Director 2013-15)
- Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (Board Member 2013-16)