Business/Commercial Disputes and Litigation
Cary Lackey concentrates his practice primarily in criminal defense. Cary grew up in Phoenix and attended Arizona State University College of Law. After graduation, Cary started his legal career as a Deputy Public Defender with the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. Cary has also worked as a Staff Attorney with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit in San Francisco and as an Associate Attorney with the Phoenix branch office of Quarles & Brady (Streich Lang, P.A.) in their White-Collar Crime Unit. Cary also worked as a Deputy County Attorney in the Civil Division of the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 1995
- S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1998
- S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1999
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University, College of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Drake University, (B.S. 1989)
Public Service and Community Involvement
- Canadian Football League Players' Association – Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada Contract Advisor (2009-Present).
- Maricopa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2014-Present).
- City of Phoenix Public Defender Review Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2016-Present)
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Western Region, Phoenix, Arizona General Counsel (2017-Present).
- State Bar of Arizona Criminal Defense Practice and Procedure Committee, Phoenix, Arizona Committee Member (2014-16).
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California Legal Writing and Research Instructor (1998).
- National Bar Association Magazine, Washington, District of Columbia Assistant Editor (1995-98).
- University of California Hastings College of the Law College of Advocacy, San Francisco, California, Participant (1997).
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy, Tucson, Arizona Participant (1996)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Arizona Black Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association, Federal Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco (1998)
- Charles Houston Bar Association (1998)
- Horace Rumpole (an American) Inn of Court (1994-96).